Road Accident Injuries Compensation Claim Law
Swanwick Murray Roche – Rockhampton & CQ Motor Vehicle and Car Accident Injury and Compensation Lawyers and Solicitors
Motor Vehicle Road Accident Claims Process
In the event you have been injured in a road accident in any type of vehicle, whether a car, truck, motor bike or bicycle then you may be entitled to compensation.
If you have lost income as a result of the accident you may be able to make a claim.
In Queensland the situation is governed by the compulsory third party scheme (CTP) which is insurance that is automatically paid by drivers of motor vehicles when paying their registration.
In respect to making a claim, the process is complex and it is very important that the correct steps in the matter are completed as there are strict time limits. Generally, the following process occurs:
- The accident is reported to the police and they provide an incident number in respect to the event;
- All parties provide their registration and information details;
- Attendance on a medical specialist to complete the necessary medical certification;
- Completion of a Motor Accident Notice of Claim Form;
- Lodging of that Form with the insurer of the party who is at fault for the event.
Head to our team members page to meet our professionals.
Check out some of our recent legal updates and compensation resources that you might find useful on this Compensation Resources link. Please remember that these updates and resources are general guidance only. If you need legal advice, you should contact us to discuss your matter as your personal circumstances may not suit the circumstances described in the updates and resources.
To talk about your matter – reach out to us via any means to start a conversation. All of our contact information is listed here on our Contact Page.