Robert grew up in the Blackall-Barcaldine area in Central Western Queensland having spent much of his early years on a cattle station on the Barcoo River and still frequently visits his family who live in the area. Robert spent his high school years in Rockhampton at The Cathedral College and attended Bond University where he completed his Bachelor of Laws with majors in energy & environment law, commercial law and dispute resolution.
Robert has a strong passion for his local Rockhampton community. He is actively engaged in legal organisations including the Central Queensland Young Lawyers Association, the Central Queensland Law Association. As well as being involved with Community Radio 4You, the Rockhampton Boomerang Toastmasters Club and Rostrum Voice of the Youth. Robert has seat on the Finance Council for the Roman Catholic Trust for the Diocese of Rockhampton and has been the chairperson of Rockhampton Relay for Life.
With such a local focus, Robert relates to people all over Central Queensland and Central Western Queensland, understanding the unique obstacles and benefits associated with this part of the world.
Areas of Practice
Robert practises in the following areas:
- Property law including:
a. Leasing (acting for landlords and tenants) of retail, commercial, rural and state-owned land.
b. Conveyancing (acting for buyers and sellers) of commercial, rural, apartment and investment property.
c. Dispute resolution.
- Business law including:
a. Day to day business advice, drafting agreements, policy advice, dispute resolution advice.
b. Franchise law advice work.
c. Employment law dispute resolution.
d. Buying and selling businesses, due diligence and advice work.
e. Dispute resolution.
f. Company documents including preparing and advising on shareholder agreements.
- School law including:
a. Policy development work & standard contract development;
b. Regulatory compliance work;
c. Contract & agreement review advice;
d. Dispute resolution.
- Wills, succession planning and estate administration
a. Drafting succession plans for rural families;
b. Drawing wills ranging from the complex to simple wills;
c. Estate administration work and dispute resolution;
d. Preparing and settling claims for further and better provision from deceased estates.
Robert is focused upon providing a quality service for each of his clients, every time.
Robert’s experience includes:
- Acting for landlord and tenant clients with relation to state land subleases, retail shopping centre leases (25+ tenancies), commercial and industrial (including business depots and service stations) leases.Acting for 40+ schools in Central Queensland in providing day to day advice, policy and procedure management, contract development work.
- Reviewing high value electricity contracts, software contracts, services agreements, ICT agreements and other associated documents.
- Acting for purchaser and seller clients both in Rockhampton, Queensland and interstate with relation to retail, commercial and industrial investment properties including off the plan retail sites, established retail and commercial sites from Townsville to Brisbane and all over Queensland.
- Acting for purchase and seller clients with relation to business sales including sales and purchases of franchises (including Red Rooster, Subway, Laser Clinics Australia and others) and existing businesses.
- Acting for rural families all over Central Queensland in handling property purchases, sales, agistment agreements and leases and also preparing succession plans and testamentary documents.