Swanwick Murray Roche – Rockhampton & Queensland Family Lawyers & Solicitors – Legalaid Lawyers & Solicitors
What we do
Family law services are a cornerstone practice area for our firm. Since 1892, our experienced family lawyers have provided advice on family law issues from adoption matters to complex property settlements and custody arrangements. We are Legalaid approved lawyers and can assist you to obtain a grant of Legalaid – if you are eligible. We are dedicated to achieving the best outcome for your unique situation with confidentiality, empathy and focused advice. Contact us to discuss your matter or review some of the more common family law matters we encounter:
- Parenting and custody matters;
- Divorce & separation;
- Property settlements;
- Adult child maintenance;
- Financial agreements;
- Spouse maintenance;
- Child abduction;
- Superannuation disputes in property settlements;
- Domestic violence issues.
Why are we different?
Our experienced lawyers know that you need:
- someone who understands the emotions and attitudes of the people involved in your situation;
- your concerns; especially around financial security, child custody, personal safety and so on;
- someone who will provide upfront information about pricing and legal costs (and keep you updated as the matter progresses);
- a lawyer who will provide practical, results-focused advice.
Our lawyers know that family law clients are usually experiencing one of the most emotional times of their life – a fear of the unknown, concern over financial security, worry for future care of children, anxiety around personal safety and so on. Added to this, most people don’t know what their legal options are – especially when well-meaning friends or family offer advice that may or may not be correct. Our lawyers see your whole matter and not just the court documents that need to be drafted.
Our lawyers cut through these issues and provide you with legal advice and a strategy based on decades of legal experience to give you the confidence to move forward with your life.
At your first appointment:
- you meet with an experienced lawyer;
- you are advised in frank terms about legal costs and estimates to the end of your matter;
- our lawyer listens to you and understands your matter;
- our lawyer gives you some basic advice about how we start and handle your matter going forward.
We are Legalaid approved lawyers. We can help you obtain a grant of Legalaid to help with your matter.
Our family lawyers
Our team is well trained and regularly participate in specialist seminars, reading industry updates, court decisions & legislative amendments. Our team stays in contact with industry professionals (such as forensic accountants, investigators, valuers, real estate agents and so on) to ensure we have good working relationships with the right people when you need it.
Click on our staff profiles to learn more about each of our experienced team members:
- Terry Tummon – Principal Partner & Solicitor
- Katina Perren – Solicitor & Independent Children’s Lawyer
- Debbie Sloan – Family Paralegal
- Josie Finlayson – Family Paralegal
- Chloe Cookson – Junior Support Officer
Check out some of our recent legal updates and property resources that you might find useful on this Family Law Resources link. Please remember that these updates and resources are general guidance only. If you need legal advice, you should contact us to discuss your matter as your personal circumstances may not suit the circumstances described in the updates and resources.
During family law legal matters, many issues come up that require the support of experienced social support works and other professionals. Here are some links to support resources that may help you (please ensure that you make yourself familiar with any confidentiality rules or seek advice from us):
- Queensland Government relationship help and marriage counselling, support and advice links
- Queensland Government domestic and family violence counselling, support and advice links
- Beyond Blue – advice for new parents links
- Queensland Government – how to help people who have a drug problem
To talk about your matter – reach out to us via any means to start a conversation. All of our contact information is listed here on our Contact Page.
SEO: rockhampton family lawyer | rockhampton family solicitor | divorce lawyer | custody lawyer | childrens lawyer | rockhampton divorce lawyer | yeppoon divorce lawyer | yeppoon custody lawyer | katina perren | best family lawyer | best custody lawyer | queensland family lawyer | queensland custody lawyer | emerald family lawyer | emerald custody lawyer | emerald divorce lawyer | mackay divorce lawyer | mackay custody lawyer | mackay family lawyer | bundaberg custody lawyer | bundaberg divorce lawyer | bundaberg family lawyer | gladstone family lawyer | gladstone divorce lawyer | family law | family law | family dispute | i want a divorce | how do i get divorced | queensland divorce | australian divorce | family lawyers family lawyers family lawyers best lawyer | good lawyer | top lawyer family lawyers family lawyers family lawyersfamily lawyers family lawyers family lawyersfamily lawyers family lawyers family lawyersfamily lawyers family lawyers family lawyersfamily lawyers family lawyers family lawyersfamily lawyers family lawyers family lawyers