Contracts & Business Transactions
Swanwick Murray Roche lawyers provide an experienced legal hand in reviewing contracts and business transactions to help business owners and consumers confidently navigate deal making in our modern society.
We provide business transaction, business advice, corporate commercial business law services to private clients, small businesses, medium sized businesses, government, charities, international conglomerates and all manner of client types.
Our services are varied however we do regularly provide services in the following areas:
- contractor agreements – every contractor who interacts with a business should have a contract. Depending on the contractor, the terms should regulate something as basic as payment conditions or as complex as the delivery of a ten year infrastructure construction and maintenance program. Having a legal review process of your contracts can sometime be the difference between a loss making year and a profit making year.
- shareholder and unitholder agreements and dispute work including drafting shareholder agreements, advising on terms and arranging buy/sell structures, restraints and succession plans;
- corporate advisory work including advice regarding legislative compliance, director’s duties, incorporation of legal structures, shareholder disputes, risk management and business succession planning, franchising, partnerships and joint ventures;
- contract and agreement drafting and review work to deal with the many varied legal issues that come up from time to time in business matters – we can assist in drafting or reviewing such documents to give comfort to your transactional work;
- mergers and acquisitions including advice around legal and regulatory requirements, due diligence and dealing with the various legal issues involved in each transaction;
- international trade and business advisory including advice on all legal issues that arise in international trade, including investment protection, business structures and international laws affecting manufacturing, sale of goods and import/export;
- privacy law and confidentiality of information laws including policy and procedure development, dealing with release of information requests, objection to subpoena requests and protection of confidential information including taking action regarding unauthorised release or use of confidential or private information;
- competition law and consumer protection including compliance advice work regarding various competition and consumer laws including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and the Australian Consumer Law;
- franchising law including development of franchise agreements and compliance paperwork, reviewing and providing advice on draft franchise agreements, advising on compliance with the mandatory Franchise Code of Conduct and dealing with franchise disputes;
- banking and finance law including provision of legal advice regarding finance terms and conditions, draft trade finance facility documents, guarantee documents, loan documents, securities documents including mortgages, PPSR agreements; recovery and enforcement matters;
- stamp duty advice including calculating stamp duty applicable to a transaction and advice regarding the applicability of available concessions;
- commercial property legal support including support to developers, purchasers, landlords and tenants in commercial property enterprises.
Swanwick Murray Roche is a Queensland commercial & corporate law firm. Our team are experienced commercial & corporate lawyers & solicitors. Each of our corporate and commercial lawyers in our Rockhampton team are business-savvy, results driven and highly experienced in settling deals.
We understand that you want (and we will deliver this to you):
- transparent communication around fees & costs expectations
- experienced, knowledgeable lawyers who are up to date with changes in the law
- efficient lawyers who turn around documents as quickly as possible
- contact when you need it – outside of hours by mobile & email
- results focused lawyers who develop your deal strategy to get you a result
- a risk-conscious lawyer who tells you what the risks are and puts in place best practice risk mitigation strategies
- a lawyer focused on helping your business be the best
- a lawyer who takes the time to understand your business, goals and objectives
- one lawyer managing your work within the firm (but supported by a team in case the lawyer is out of action)
- clear outlining of expectation – from you and us – and meeting those expectations
We know that we can deliver the above. Our current clients are happy with our services and we can provide you with references if need be. If you need a lawyer who is there for you, contact us today. We will be happy to arrange an initial consult to see how we can go about bringing you on board.
To talk about your matter – reach out to us via any means to start a conversation. All of our contact information is listed here on our Contact Page.
- Compensation Law
- Corporate Commercial Business Law
- Family Law
- Wills | Estates | Planning | Litigation