Workplace Injury & Workcover Lawyers in Rockhampton
Swanwick Murray Roche – Rockhampton & CQ Work-Related Injury Accident & Workcover Injury Compensation Lawyers and Solicitors
Had an accident at work? Let us help.
In the unfortunate event that you suffer an injury at work or because of work, you may be entitled to compensation.
This reimbursement provided by WorkCover Queensland or a self-insured employer falls into two types:
- Statutory claims (being a no-fault scheme where an entitlement to compensation simply rests on your ability to show that you are a worker and were injured at work);
- Common law claims (claims where ongoing loss is claimed commenced at the completion of the statutory phase and where it is necessary to show fault on behalf of your employer for the event occurring).
Claims for accidents at work in Queensland invariably begin with a statutory claim being lodged.
It is always preferable to see a lawyer as early as possible after a workplace injury to assist you in navigating your interactions with WorkCover and by also placing you in the best position to maximise your entitlements.
The amount that you will be entitled to receive depends on:
- The extent of your injuries;
- Your age;
- Your employment history;
- For the amount of wages lost both current and future;
- The extent of ongoing medical assistance required;
- Whether you will require care, either now or in the future.
Head to our team members page to meet our professionals.
Check out some of our recent legal updates and resources that you might find useful on this Compensation Resources link. Please remember that these updates and resources are general guidance only. If you need legal advice, you should contact us to discuss your matter as your personal circumstances may not suit the circumstances described in the updates and resources.
To talk about your matter – reach out to us via any means to start a conversation. All of our contact information is listed here on our Contact Page.