Damien is a Central Queensland local, having been born and raised in Gladstone. After studying a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) and a Bachelor of Business at Griffith University in Brisbane, he spent eight years practising law on the Sunshine Coast and in Gympie before moving to Rockhampton to join Swanwick Murray Roche in 2020.
Damien prides himself on providing considered and practical advice in an easy to follow way. He is also a keen listener who looks to put his clients at ease.
Outside of work, Damien enjoys gardening and four wheel driving. Damien combined his love of both the law and of cars to co-author the published journal article ‘’The cutting edge of cocking about’: Top Gear, automobility and law. (Law and Humanities, 7(1), pp. 1-18).
In 2022, Damien was promoted to be an Associate of Swanwick Murray Roche.
Damien practises primarily in the following areas:
- Corporate commercial business law
- Property transactions – leasing, conveyancing, joint ownership structuring, subdivisions, easements and other interests
- Wills estate planning litigation
- Commercial disputes and litigation
- Building and construction law
- Board Member, Talbot Estate Inc
- Board Member, Access Recreation Inc
- Member, Central Queensland Law Association
- Member, Queensland Law Society